You are in the 21st century, fighting to make your own space in the modern world of instant gratification. Competition and the wish to get appraisal are making the current world to move even faster ! Be it your personal or professional life, you want to be one of the best from the inside out. Isn’t it?
Outward beauty and appearance are increasingly becoming a matter of concern among all age groups, especially the youths.
In such a scenario, people are increasingly finding resources in plastic surgery as a new norm of anti-aging. The concept of plastic surgery is thus no more confined only to celebrities with deep pockets, but spreading like bonfire among the common people too.
To stop your skin from reflecting the marks of age and to give conventionally perfect shapes to your body parts is something that you might want to do as a beauty conscious person.
Why Plastic Surgery?
- Normally, plastic surgery is done to improve one’s appearance that is considered as the foremost benefit to the procedure. When you undergo plastic surgery, your look and self-confidence will improve, and you will feel good.
- Some plastic surgery can improve one’s physical health. For instance, rhinoplasty may improve your breathing and the aesthetics of your nose.
- Some people gain mental health benefits from a plastic surgery procedure. They see a reduction in social stress and anxiety after the surgery, because of the new feelings and new look.
- Plastic surgery opens the door to new opportunities. Studies show that people who become more attractive may enjoy more professional as well as personal opportunities. A study published in 2012 in AFE i.e. Applied Financial Economics, says that attractive real estate people were able to sell homes at a higher price compared to the people who were not attractive.
- Plastic surgery is increasing slowly and steadily. From 2000 to 2015, the procedure has been raised 115%. In accordance with the annual plastic surgery procedural statistics, in the USA, all but 15.9 million minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures were performed successfully, and the growth was 2% higher over 2014.
In this article, I am going to give you a brief insight into the world of plastic surgery, stressing especially on the following points:
● What is plastic surgery?
● Before and after plastic surgery
● Types of plastic surgeries
● Possible Benefits of Plastic Surgery
● Preventive Measures of Plastic Surgery
What do we mean by Plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery is a special kind of surgery, which is concerned with your outward appearance. The specialty of plastic surgery typically involves reconstruction, alteration, or restoration of the various parts of your body.
Plastic surgery can be broadly categorized into two parts – cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery.
Generally, reconstructive surgery covers microsurgery, craniofacial surgery, the treatment of burns, and hand surgery. Actually, cosmetic surgery aims at improving the appearance of a part of your body. Therefore, it is concerned with the aesthetic aspects. But reconstructive surgery targets at reconstructing a part of your body in order to improve its function.
To your utter surprise, both these techniques are becoming evidently popular throughout the world.
Things to be aware of before and after plastic surgery:
You must make a point to take care of a few things before and after your surgery.
Before you decide to go for plastic surgery, you must be fully aware of its pros and cons. Discuss with your surgeon about the benefits and precautions of the concerned surgery. Acquire knowledge about the type of anesthesia that will be administered and the expected recovery time.
Inform your physician about your current medical condition and your medical history in detail.
Types of Plastic Surgeries:
This cosmetic procedure is one of the most common plastic surgeries. In such kind of surgery, a doctor reshapes a nose that seems either too big or wide for the face. This is also used to reshape noses that are contorted by any injury. This surgery is common among the teens but doctors recommend to wait till 15 or 16 years at least. Not many problems have been reported after this kind of surgery and the recovery time usually vary from one to three weeks.
- Neck lift:
Weakened neck muscles cause “Turkey wattle” or not tightly fixed with the bands of tissues. This problem can be cured by a surgeon by taking out fat and removing and properly adjusting the muscles in the neck.
Facelift and neck lift is often done together. There are chances of little infections and the recovery takes two weeks or a few months.
- Eyelid surgery:
The eyelid surgery is also known by the name- blepharoplasty. It can address a number of concerns, be it droopy upper kids or bags beneath.
The surgery aims at creating tighter and smoother eyelids by removing excess fat and skin. The recovery period ranges from two to three weeks.
If you want a smoother and more youthful face by means of cosmetic surgery, then a facelift is your answer.
This includes removing excess fat and working with the deeper layers of your skin in order to tighten your face.
Cases of infection or injury are rarely reported. Facelifts are now losing ground to easier options such as- Botox, laser therapies, injectable fillers etc.
- Laser skin resurfacing:
This surgery uses beams of light to remove damaged skin cells. The outer layer of the skin is removed and this leads to the removal of fine lines and blemishes.
Apart from these, there are some other types of plastic surgeries which are increasingly gaining popularity –
How to take preventive measures?
- If you are sure about your decision to go for plastic surgery, then it is important to visit a trustworthy surgeon of good repute. Please ensure that your surgeon is “Board Certified” in cosmetic surgery.
- Collect sufficient information regarding the surgery that you are planning to do. Don’t leave even a single chance to follow your doctor’s advice before and after plastic surgery.
- The glamour industry is taking people by fancy. Beauty consciousness is no more restricted to a particular industry or profession. People from all over the world are trying to match the beauty standards of their dream and admiration.
- Beauty products are flooding the market and the internet is witnessing plenty of searches concerning the beautification of the human body.
- Being beautiful from the inside out has no worthy alternative yet. Instances are many where plastic surgery has done wonders for one’s appearance. You can certainly make beautification a priority, but never at the cost of your well-being.