Many of us want a flat, toned abdomen. Even patients with relatively normal body composition and steady weight may develop problems in the stomach. When diet and exercise are not quite enough to achieve the results we want, KPS has our custom tummy tucks!
A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin creating a smooth, firm contour. A tummy tuck may also help to restore muscles in the abdomen that have been weakened over time.
Dr. Schoonover offers two options for a tummy tuck.
The first option is a full, surgical tummy tuck which incorporates draining tubes to do away with the excess fat.
The second option available is called a drainless tummy tuck. A drainless tummy tuck does away with the draining tubes usually necessary at the end of the procedure.
At your consultation, Dr. Schoonover will discuss which option is best for you.
What it Corrects:
- Excess fat and skin around the abdomen
- Weakened muscles in the abdomen
- Patients who are physically healthy with no conditions that could impair healing
- Patients who are at a stable weight
- Patients who wish to create a flatter, smoother contour for their abdomen
- Restricted activity for 2-4 weeks
- Patients may return to work in 1-2 weeks