One of our staples here at Kansas Plastic Surgery is our Breast Augmentation. Breast augmentation, also known as breast implants, increase the fullness and size of the breasts. When a breast augmentation is performed in combination with a breast lift, the procedure can improve the balance of both breasts and the hip contours enhancing self-image and self-confidence.
At Kansas Plastic Surgery, we offer two different kinds of breast implants. Silicone and saline implants may be placed either above or below the pectoralis muscle or the carrying muscle. Dr. Schoonover will discuss which of these options are right for you at your first consultation.
While breast augmentation will increase size and fullness, it will not correct severely drooping breasts. For this reason, we often combine a breast augmentation with a breast lift to improve both fullness and lift. These two procedures may be done simultaneously.
What it treats:
- Small breasts
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Abnormally Developed Breasts
- Empty appearance of the upper part of the breast
- Lost shape or Volume
- Patients who are physically healthy
- Patients who are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients who have breasts that are fully developed
- 20 hours wearing a support bra
- Patients may shower after 24 hours
- Restricted activity for 2-4 weeks