At Kansas Plastic Surgery, one of the services we pride ourselves on is breast reconstruction. This procedure is performed to return a more normal size and shape to the breast after the breast has been partially or fully removed.
At Kansas Plastic Surgery, our breast reconstruction treatments can be done in coordination with your breast surgeon. This means that reconstruction can be done at the same time as your mastectomy or lumpectomy. We offer a variety of reconstruction methods. At your consultation, we can discuss which of these methods are right for you.
What it treats:
- Restores breast size and shape starting on the day of a mastectomy
- Restores breast size and shape after a mastectomy has been performed
- Restores breast size and shape after partial removal of the breast
- Patients who are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- Patients who do not smoke
- Patients who have undergone a thorough consultation regarding their health and medical history
- Most patients require 4-6 weeks to recover from a reconstruction that is performed with a mastectomy
- Light cardio exercise will be allowed starting at 2 weeks after surgery
- Recovery time may vary depending on the type of reconstruction