A breast reduction does not only make the chest smaller, it can also lift the breasts creating a more youthful profile. Some patients choose this procedure for purely cosmetic reasons. Others require breast reduction to help with symptoms including back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, rashes under the breasts and difficulty with work or exercise.
If a patient requires a breast reduction to improve physical symptoms, insurance will often cover the procedure if enough tissue will be removed. Kansas Plastic Surgery can coordinate with your insurance to determine whether or not your treatment can be covered by your breast service plan.
What it Treats:
- Pain in the neck, back, and shoulders due to excessive weight in the breasts
- Oversized breasts
- Unproportional breasts
- Rashes under the breasts
- Pain with work or exercise
- Patients who are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- Patients who do not smoke
- Patients who have already tried support bras to relieve pain
- Patients who have discussed the treatment of back pain or other symptoms with their primary physician
- Patients must wear a support bra to minimize swelling during the healing
- 2-4 weeks of restricted activity