Also known as eyelid surgery, Blepharoplasty helps to improve eyelids for a brighter and more rejuvenated appearance.
Patients choose this surgery either for cosmetic reasons or to improve functional problems that come with drooping eyelids. This procedure can be performed on the upper eyelid, the lower eyelid or both.
What it corrects:
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Loose or sagging skin that impairs vision
- Folds in the upper eyelid
- Wrinkles around the lower eyelids
- Puffiness in the eyelids
- Patients in good health
- Patients with realistic goals
- Patients with a positive outlook
- Patients with serious eye conditions
- Patients without eyelid ptosis (a condition that can cause the upper eyelid to stretch and requires a different surgery)
- Patients may experience swelling, irritation or dry eyes immediately following surgery
- Patients may experience discomfort which can be managed with over the counter eye drops, ointment, ice compress or medication.