For patients who’s facial imbalance centers on the chin, we have an option for them too!
KPS offers chin augmentation also known as chin contouring. This treatment can improve the contour of an under-developed chin. Augmentation will add to the projection and width of the chin through the placement of an implant or repositioning of the bone.
Chin augmentation is often performed in combination with a rhinoplasty. When you have your consultation with Dr. Schoonover, he will discuss what treatment is best for you and your goals.
What it Corrects:
- Underdeveloped projection of the chin
- An unbalanced proportion of the face that includes decreased chin size
- Patient’s who are physically healthy
- Patients who want to improve the balance and proportion of the face with added volume to the chin
- Most patients resume daily activities within 1 week of surgery
- There may be bruising and swelling that will substantially improve in the first 3-4 weeks
- Swelling will completely resolve in about 3-4 months