Plastic surgery has been one of the most popular surgical procedures over the past 50 years. The improvements in technology and new techniques have led to less invasive surgeries with quicker recoveries, making it an attractive choice for many people who are unhappy with their physical appearance.
There are a number of benefits that come along with plastic surgery, including increased self-confidence; improved self-esteem; greater employment opportunities; prevention from social stigma or bullying; and reduced risk of depression. In this blog post, we will explore 6 ways that plastic surgery can help you improve your quality of life!
The main purpose of cosmetic surgery is to enhance an individual’s appearance. The procedures are solely focused on aesthetic appearance. Examples of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures are:
• Facial Contouring (Chin, Cheek, and Rhinoplasty)
• Breast Enhancement (Lift, Reduction, and Augmentation)
• Body Contouring (Liposuction and Tummy Tuck)
• Skin Rejuvenation (Laser Resurfacing, Filler Treatments, and Botox)
• Facial Rejuvenation (Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift, And Facelift)
What are the benefits of cosmetic surgery?
1. Improved self-esteem: When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good, you are more likely to do things that make you happy. When people think of plastic surgery as a “quick fix,” they often overlook the benefits of feeling confident and comfortable with your body.
2. Increased self-confidence; improved self-esteem; greater employment opportunities; prevention from social stigma or bullying; reduced risk of depression!
3. Better social life, with more able to date and meet people!
4. More attractive appearance, which leads to more positive social interactions.
5. Greater job opportunities and higher salary offers, some studies suggest that people that are more attractive may enjoy more professional and personal opportunities. A 2012 study published in Applied Financial Economics found that attractive real estate agents were able to sell properties at a higher price than agents that were not perceived as attractive. Other studies have also found attractive people tend to make higher salaries and get selected for promotions more often.
6. Fewer health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc…
Patients seeking body contouring, such as liposuction or a tummy tuck, may find it is easier to keep the weight down after their plastic surgery. The positive results of the procedure may motivate the person to maintain a healthy diet and exercise program to keep their weight in check. A healthy weight can also lead to a healthier body and reduced risk for some types of diseases.
Benefits to having plastic surgery:
• Prevention of or improvements to medical conditions caused by a patient’s obesity.
• Surge in energy.
• Increased life expectancy.
• Increased self-esteem.
• Weight loss.
• Better sleep.
What are the common side effects after surgery?
• Pain : During and right after surgery, a surgeon typically works with the anesthesiologist to manage pain using medication to block the awareness of pain, called anesthesia.
• Appetite loss
• Problems with other parts of your body
Does plastic surgery hurt?
Thankfully, the amount of discomfort experienced during and after surgery has been greatly reduced,thanks to recent innovations in technology and cosmetic surgery techniques. However, just like with any other surgical procedure, some pain and/or discomfort is inevitable.
Will plastic surgery make me happy?
Most studies report that people are generally happy with the outcome of cosmetic procedures, but little rigorous evaluation has been done. More extensive (“type change”) procedures (eg, rhinoplasty) appear to require greater psychological adjustment by the patient than “restorative” procedures (eg, face-lift).
Does plastic surgery improve quality of life?
With increased levels of self-esteem and confidence, plastic surgery patients are able to experience an increase of happiness that encompasses a broad area of their lives. It becomes more than an issue of feeling better about their appearance.
What is the difference between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on enhancing appearance through surgical and medical techniques.
Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to the reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease.
About Kansas Plastic Surgery
With Dr. Schoonover’s expertise, we are able to amplify our patient’s appearance by restoring the changes that come naturally with life through a variety of services. Dr. Schoonover and our team specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive treatments for areas such as the face, breasts, and body.
Dr. Kenton Schoonover, a native Kansan, was born and raised just outside of Pratt, Kansas. After graduating high school, he attended Friends University to study Biology. He then pursued medical school at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, where he completed his General Surgery Residency. Next, Dr. Schoonover completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. His love for his home brought him back to Kansas and has been serving Wichita and the surrounding areas since 2004.
Dr. Schoonover began building Kansas Plastic Surgery in 2016 with the mindset of putting your goals first. With this mindset, he instilled throughout his practice the importance of delivering creative and compassionate care. Through creative and compassionate care, our team and Dr. Schoonover have the amazing opportunity to build relationships that allows us to listen and improve your reconstructive and aesthetic medical care.
Dr. Schoonover takes pride in thoroughly listening to your concerns and questions in order to create a customized plan to enhance your appearance thus enhancing your self-confidence. Here at Kansas Plastic Surgery, Dr. Schoonover and his team are able to deliver personalized care to intensify and instill confidence for all walks of life. It is our mission that through creative and compassionate care we can bring out the best confident version of ourselves.